Miu Miu and Derek Blasberg hosted a dinner and party on the occasion of the Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2023 fashion show in Paris. Watching the guests arriving at Gigi restaurant, it became clearer to us that the best item in your wardrobe for transitioning to spring is a leather jacket. Many of the famous and charming guests wore leather jackets paired with different outfits. This only confirmed our suspicion that the perfect transitional wardrobe, chic and updated, must have a leather jacket.
In addition to fashion weeks, social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok are full of off-duty models wearing go-with-everything leather jackets. The perfect Hailey Bieber and model Kendall Jenner were seen wearing a model from the Scandinavian vintage store Worn that we loved. They paired the jacket with jeans, a t-shirt, or a crop top.
Meanwhile, at the Miu Miu after-party, the leather piece was styled in chic outfits composed of mini skirts, midi and maxi dresses.
Camile Rowe paired a leather work jacket with a knit dress, fishnet tights, and loafers. While Mallory Wanecque chose a black crop leather jacket with a black dress and loafers. And Nicola Peltz wore a leather blazer with a super mini skirt and platform heels. In turn, Sara Moonves opted for a brown leather jacket lined with sheepskin over a black maxi dress and leather boots.
A leather Jacket is a seasonless piece
That’s another reason that makes a leather jacket the perfect transitioning piece into Spring. It’s a classic item as much as a trench coat (which you should also have in your wardrobe), and really goes with everything. Furthermore, if you consider that leather is a seasonless material that can be layered with thick cable knits in winter and with light t-shirts in spring, it is an ideal investment to grow a versatile wardrobe.
Leather is a natural material that has been used since the beginning of humanity to protect us from both the cold and the sun. Even though some leathers today are made from plants or synthetic materials, it is still a fabric to be worn all year round.
Our editors independently select all products featured on Notorious-mag. However, we may get a commission when you buy through our links.
How to care for your leather jacket?
Well-cared-for leather clothing can last for more than 10 years in your wardrobe. Therefore, Notorious-Mag asked a leather expert what she recommends as primary care for your jacket to stay beautiful for many years.
- The first recommendation is to store the garment hanging and breathing in a ventilated environment. From time to time, leave the closet or shoe cabinet doors open to let the air circulate.
- Another tip is to hydrate the leather every 6 months with vegetable oils or fragrance-free and dye-free creams. Over time, leather can dry out and crumble. Therefore, it is ideal for applying moisturizer throughout the garment so that it gradually absorbs the cream and stays hydrated. As it is skin, it needs hydration.
- Never use abrasive products such as bleach and alcohol on leather.
- If you need to clean a suede piece, do not attempt to remove specific dirt with water. Buy special clothes and brushes for suede or Nubuck at specialized stores.
- If you get caught in the rain, for example, let the garment dry completely before storing it, and never put wet or damp leather in the sun to dry. The part of the garment or accessory that is most wet may end up with a different colour after sun exposure.
Images courtesy @MiuMiu by Alba Baptista