Springtime in Paris. It sounds like an Adele song, which is pretty much what it is; there is hardly any better time to visit the city of love. It is the best season to see Paris, as it awakens from hibernation, and everything is just magical. And not to mention the inspiring spring street style. Just click on the video to see for yourself.
The weather is fair, and tourists are not so much; the city is glorious as always, the colours are lush, love is in the air and street fashion is at its best. Not too cold nor too warm, just right for the right amount of clothes.
You can lazily stroll through the boulevards filled with beautiful shops and restaurants already with tables on the outside, taken by fashionable Parisian, enjoying their meals or simply a coffee, with an attitude that you will only see in this place.
Anecdote on the subject; just after stopping at Inês de la Fresange boutique on Rue de Grenelle, in the very chic 6th arrondissement, guess who we saw having lunch just around the corner? Inês de la Fresange…ah, Paris!
What do Parisians wear in the Springtime?
Of course, the Fashion Capital of the world has the most exciting looks for spring as well.
As with everything in Paris, women (old and young) look effortlessly dressed but are always dashing and stylish. The most prominent features are Jeans and sneakers. They are everywhere, but tremendously well-cut jeans and gorgeous sneakers (usually white ).
- And the most seen brands were: Tu es mon TRESOR, AMO Denim, B Sides Jeans, ACNE Studios and of course, Levy’s High Waist.
- Bags: Chanel, Saint Laurent and Hermés.
- Most seen colours: beige, blue, black, and lots of white.
- Sneakers brands: Adidas Originals by Stella McCartney, Adidas Originals Zentic, Common Projects, Balenciaga Phantom, White Converse Chuck Taylor, Superga and Veja.
- Turtlenecks are still going strong. But mostly always Cashmere.
- Leather and Bomber Jackets. Long Coats, mainly beige in Camelhair or Wool.
Paris Je t’aime!